BACK TO FITNESS
Good core strength is important at every age and fitness level. Core muscles are composed of the superficial and deep abdominal muscles, the deep stabilizing muscles of the lumbar spine and pelvis (lower back) and the thoracic and cervical spine (mid and upper spine).
Core is the area where your centre of gravity is located and it provides support, stability, and a solid foundation for the rest of the body to function maximally.
A weak core can make you susceptible to:
- Poor posture
- Lower back pain
- Muscle Injuries
- Poor Fitness Level
Our aim is to get you back to fitness by helping you to identify and strengthen the weak core muscles to:
- Reduce the frequency and severity of the back pains
- Correct postural imbalances
- Develop FUNCTIONAL FITNESS – that is, fitness that is essential to daily living, sports, and regular activities
First session is individual assessment to set goals for each client according to their starting fitness level and grouping them accordingly.
We use advanced tools like:
- Real Time Ultrasound: Involves the use of soundwaves to produce a picture of muscles and tissues on the screen, allowing the observation of a muscle or muscle groups as they contract
- Achievo Stabilizer Biofeedback with Visual and Audio Input: provides a visual indication of whether you are working the correct a postural muscles
The subsequent sessions are followed by group exercises with:
- Treadmill: To work on global muscles and general fitness
- Win Plate: This vibration platform is a system that gives maximum results to improve general fitness as well as core muscles when compared with traditional training methods, but in far less time and with relatively little effort. The Winplate has a seal of quality which guarantees control of the vertical vibrations. It is also possible to view on the screen of the platform the positions recommended to suit your objective or sport.
- Exercise Ball: Improve balance and overall coordination targeting the core muscles
- Exercise Bands: To work the muscles against resistance
- Posture Training: In different postures
- Mat Exercises: For stretching and strengthening muscles
Total number of session will be 10. With the class size limited to 6-8 only and experiences Physiotherapists training and monitoring your exercises, you’ll surely benefit from these classes.